Plano Custom Outdoor Living Spaces
Stone Pro, the premier provider of custom outdoor living spaces in Plano, TX, is dedicated to turning your dreams into a reality. Our skilled team of craftsmen specializes in designing and building stunning stone patios, enchanting fire pits, captivating water features, and practical outdoor kitchens. Trust us to create outdoor living areas that reflect your unique style and enhance your enjoyment of your Plano home.
Give us a call today
What We Offer
Providing unmatched custom outdoor living space craftsmanship throughout the Plano area
About Stone Pro
We Are McKinney's Premier Source for Outdoor Living Construction and Remodeling
When it comes to construction projects in Plano, Texas, you deserve the expertise of reliable professionals. Stone Pro Outdoors, a locally owned and operated company, has been proudly serving the Plano community since 1994. With over 25 years of extensive experience, our dedication lies in helping you create a breathtaking outdoor sanctuary. You can trust us to turn your vision into reality, utilizing our unparalleled skills and in-depth knowledge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need plumbing for outdoor kitchen?
The need for plumbing in an outdoor kitchen depends on the specific features and appliances you wish to include. While some basic outdoor kitchens may not require plumbing, more elaborate setups often benefit from plumbing connections. Plumbing allows for the installation of a sink, a dishwasher, an outdoor refrigerator, or even a built-in grill with a direct gas line connection. These plumbing features provide convenience and functionality for your outdoor kitchen, making food preparation and cleanup easier. At Stone Pro Outdoors, we can help design and install plumbing systems for outdoor kitchens in the Plano, TX area, ensuring that your outdoor culinary space meets your specific requirements and enhances your outdoor living experience.
What is the most common retaining wall failure?
The most common retaining wall failure is typically due to poor drainage and inadequate reinforcement. When water accumulates behind the wall, it exerts pressure on the structure, leading to bulging, cracking, or even collapse. Insufficient reinforcement, such as lacking proper reinforcement materials or improper construction techniques, can also contribute to failure. It is crucial to ensure proper drainage and employ professional expertise in designing and constructing retaining walls to mitigate the risk of failure. At Stone Pro Outdoors, we prioritize quality construction and offer reliable solutions for retaining wall installations to ensure their long-term stability and durability.
How do you maintain a backyard waterfall?
Maintaining a backyard waterfall requires regular care and attention. Here are some essential maintenance steps:
- Clean the waterfall basin: Remove debris, such as leaves and twigs, from the basin regularly to prevent clogging and ensure proper water flow.
- Check and clean the pump: Inspect the pump periodically to ensure it is working efficiently. Clean or replace the pump filter as needed to keep it free from debris.
- Monitor water levels: Maintain an appropriate water level in the waterfall by adding water when necessary. Evaporation and splashing can cause water levels to drop.
- Clean the waterfall surface: Remove algae or moss buildup from the waterfall surface using a soft brush or a pressure washer on a gentle setting.
- Treat the water: Use appropriate water treatments to control algae growth and maintain water clarity. Follow manufacturer instructions for dosage and frequency.
- Inspect for leaks: Regularly check for any leaks or damage in the waterfall structure. Repair any issues promptly to prevent further damage.
- Winterize the waterfall: In colder months, take steps to protect the waterfall from freezing. This may include draining the water, covering the waterfall, or using a de-icer to prevent ice formation.
For professional assistance with maintaining your backyard waterfall in the Plano, TX area, Stone Pro Outdoors is here to help.
What should I look for in an outdoor fireplace?
When considering an outdoor fireplace, there are several key factors to consider:
- Design and aesthetics: Look for an outdoor fireplace that complements your outdoor living space and matches your desired style. Consider materials, finishes, and design features that align with your preferences.
- Durability and weather resistance: Choose an outdoor fireplace made from high-quality, weather-resistant materials such as stone, brick, or stainless steel. Ensure it can withstand the elements and maintain its integrity over time.
- Safety features: Look for safety features like spark screens, safety doors, and heat-resistant surfaces to ensure safe operation and minimize fire risks.
- Functionality and convenience: Consider features such as adjustable flame height, cooking grates, and storage options that enhance the functionality and convenience of your outdoor fireplace.
- Size and placement: Evaluate the available space in your outdoor area and select an outdoor fireplace that fits proportionally. Additionally, consider factors like ventilation requirements and local building codes when determining the placement.
- Professional installation: Ensure experienced professionals install the outdoor fireplace to guarantee proper construction, adherence to safety standards, and long-term performance.
Our team can help you select the ideal outdoor fireplace that meets your needs and enhances your outdoor living experience.
How do you prepare for a German schmear?
- Clean the surface: Ensure that the surface you plan to apply the German schmear to, such as a brick or stone wall, is clean and debris-free. Use a brush or pressure washer to remove dirt, dust, or loose particles.
- Mix the mortar: Prepare a mortar mixture according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Typically, it involves mixing mortar mix with water to achieve a smooth and workable consistency.
- Test the consistency: Before applying the mortar, apply a small amount to a sample area. Adjust the water or mortar mix as needed to achieve the desired texture.
- Apply the mortar: Using a trowel or a grout bag, apply the mortar mixture onto the surface in a thin layer. Work in small sections at a time to ensure even coverage.
- Texture the mortar: Once applied, use a trowel or a brick jointer to create the desired texture. You can scrape or brush the mortar to achieve a rustic, uneven appearance characteristic of a German schmear.
- Wipe off excess: After texturing, use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe off any excess mortar from the surface gently. This step helps achieve the desired aged or weathered effect.
- Allow drying and curing: The mortar can dry and cure according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This typically involves a curing period of a few days.
For professional assistance with German schmear applications or any custom outdoor living spaces in the Plano, TX, area, Stone Pro Outdoors is here to help. Contact us for expert guidance and top-quality craftsmanship.
Better Workmanship and Price - Our railroad tie retaining wall was falling apart, we received five different quotes to replace the wall from fake vainer to carved concert and stone. Compared to the other options Stone Pro had the better workmanship and price. We are extremely pleased.
– Joel McKnees